In ancient Eastern Mythology the word FISH is a symbol of transformation & Creation?
Because… STYLE is about so much more than shopping. Learn. Share. Connect. Be Inspired. Be part of Style Fish.
Style Fish has been described by The Sunday Business Post as offering a ‘UNIQUE STYLE JOURNEY’ and the Irish Independent said ‘STYLE FISH HELPS WOMEN FIND THEIR OWN STYLE’
What our Ladies say
Anne Bean – Kildare – Graduated October 27th 2009
“Style Fish has thought me to be sure of what suits me & not to be afraid to experiment. I will have so much fun with my clothes, colours & Make-up from now on!”
Ann Dunne – Laois – Graduated June 8th 2009
“I feel I can take more risks in terms of my style and know it works for me!”
Michelle Carney – Dublin – Graduated June 17th 2010
“Shopping is so much easier now!”
Your Style Fish course & Membership Costs €399. This includes your 7 week course, fully personalised Style Fish Folder which you build during your course & your Style Fish Membership.
Fascinating Fish Facts…
Fascinating Fish Fact 1 Our Website is undergoing a stylish transformation at the moment to include our new Members area just for you, online booking, daily fashion update blogs and much more!
Fascinating Fish Fact 2 Style Fish has just enrolled our newest & first ever full time recruit Siobhan McHugh who will be helping us to roll out our course & Membership to even more ladies nationwide!
Fascinating Fish Fact 3 Our Facebook page has over 2,100 fans who are kept fashionably up to date everyday by Style Fish!
Fascinating Fish Fact 4 We love what we do & we cherish our relationship with our Members above all & the notion of ‘special’ is at the heart of all that we teach, write & share with our women. We want you to be part of it.
Our Style Fish Promise.
Your Style Fish Membership will be a fun & useful resource to help you make better choices, save you money & inspire your style each & everyday & that is all after you have been transformed through your 7 week course!
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? BOOK NOW!
Style Fish x
Sign up to a course & to become a Style Fish Member before Friday September 3rd you will receive a €30 discount!
“Tell me & I will forget. Teach me & I will learn. Involve me & I will understand.” Ancient Indian Proverb
Style Fish is undergoing some exciting developments at the moment including the development of our new Membership Area (online on Stylefish.ie) where all our course graduates will have access to daily inspiration, recommendations, product reviews, forums, styling games, discounts & more! Being a Style Fish Member (by completing our course) will mean your style will be transformed, your routines will be injected with a new life & you will become part of our unique style family! It will be a fun & useful resource for women to help make better choices, save money, inspire your style aswell as being able to share with other members everyday!
We cherish our relationship with our Members above all & the notion of ‘special’ is at the heart of all that we teach, write & share with our women both through our courses & online. We are very excited to share this news with you aswell as all the details of our Autumn Course plan around the Country!
Course dates –
– Dublin - Thurs Sept 16th – Stillorgan Park Hotel – 7.30pm – 9.30pm (one night per week for 7 weeks)
– Cork - Sat Sept 18th – Mahon Point Shopping Centre – 1pm – 3pm (one morning per week for 7 weeks)
– Portlaoise – Tues Sept 14th -The Maldron Hotel – 7.30pm – 9.30pm (one evening per week for 7 weeks)
– Kilkenny – Wed Sept 15th – Lyrath Estate Hotel – 7.30pm – 9.30pm (One evening per week for 7 weeks)
Because style is about much more than shopping. Learn. Share. Connect. Be Inspired.
Our Ladies say..
– Ann Dunne – Laois – Graduated June 8th 2009
– “Style Fish has changed the way I feel about myself. I feel I can take more risks in terms of my style and know it works for me!”
– Catherine Keogh – Dublin – Graduated March 4th 2010 “I just went to a shop, bought an outfit, had fun doing it & didn’t even break a sweat. The best money I ever spent.”
– Anne Bean – Kildare – Graduated October 27th 2009
– “Style Fish has thought me to be sure of what suits me & not to be afraid to experiment with all the ideas I got, I will have so much fun with my clothes, colours & Make-up from now on!”
– Michelle Carney – Dublin – Graduated June 17th 2010“Shopping is so much easier now!”
The Media says..
– The Sunday Business Post “A Unique Style Journey.”
– The Irish Examiner “Empowering women to feel stylish”
– The Irish Independent “Style Fish helps women find their Own Style.”
– The Kildare Post “After taking part I feel like the most Stylish Fish in the Pond!”
– South East Wedding Magazine “Become a Stylish Fish & part of something unique”
– The Kilkenny People “Fishing for a new Style? Try Style Fish.”
– Irish Country Living Magazine “Style Fish has made it their business to inject a shot of good taste & even better sense into the wardrobes of Irish women.”
– The Irish Daily Star “Style Fish helps you build wardrobe capsules, style your outfits like a pro & injects new life into your old routines.”
– TV Now Magazine “Forget Trinny & Susannah Style Fish is all you need to become your very own fashionista.”
Style Fish Course Content
Week 1: Body Shape Analysis. Get those Trinny & Susannah pictures from your head. This is fun, simple & does not involved stripping. Oh yes & you will now understand how to dress for your shape!
Week 2: The Style Rules to change how you dress forever! Build the perfect Capsule for you & much more
Week 3: Discover all your wow colours; from your clothes to your make-up to your hair. What suits you.
Week 4: Styling your outfits, discover your fashion personality type, getting more wear from your wardrobe & accessorize like a pro!
Week 5: Make-up lesson – Discover how easy your make-up routine should be with the right tools & products. Step by step we show you how.
Week 6: Hair Styling – Sick of the same style everyday? Want to get creative with your mane? Feel transformed with just 5 minutes to work your magic..
Week 7: Personal Shopping Trip. That’s right you are now ready to take on the shops! Choose your perfect outfit, get creative & see how much fun shopping for the new you can be!
Course Cost (Including Membership) – €399
Venue; Bewley’s Hotel, Leopardstown
Date; Wednesday July 7th – August 18th
Time; 7.30pm – 9.30pm
As Featured on The Afternoon Show & on Ireland AM be transformed with our 7 week Course (one evening per week) covering everything from dressing for your shape, styling your outfits, colour, make-up lesson, hair styling, personal shopping trip and much more. You will build a completely personalised folder during your course and you also become a Style Fish Member.
When we launch our new look website as part of oyur MembershipYou will -
– Have exclusive access to our Members area where you can avail of discounts from shops & salons from all around the country & online
– Receive a monthly newsletter with fashion updates, advice & inspiration from Style Fish
– Let Style Fish help you dress for your shape with all the shops from the high street. We help you each month with what will work for your shape/ what are good buys/ how to style your outfits and where to bu
– Chat with other style fish graduates with whom you can share questions, tips, recommendations and much more! Avail of our very special discount until July 1st of €299. Thereafter €299 Plus VAT.
Book now by calling Julie on 087 4130336 087 4130336 or email email@example.com
A little boutique gem in the heart of Kilcullen, Co. Kildare is Frill Boutique. We were struck immediately by the size of this place. Located on what I would describe (sorry Kilcullen natives) as a sleepy town, this boutique is a real treat – tranquil, spacious and full of great labels with huge fitting rooms which we love. Anyway we are delighted to show you some pics of their Spring Summer stock and we think this place is well worth a visit (If you are lucky enough to be a Style Fish Member Flash your card and you might even get a discount!) and check out their all year round Sale Rail!
Style Fish x
We NEARLY came to the conclusion that it was better not to talk about the fact we could not be at ruby Rouge Boutiques Mad Hatters Tea Party in Marlfield House Wexford last weekend and then we decided we could not and would not deprive you all of the fab fashions for what was an afternoon of elegance, tea cakes and a sea of colour! We are delighted to bring you a selection of looks from the show & want to also tell you that we have warned you ….it is first come first served with some of these Fab looks for Spring. Check out the Fab prints, the structured dresses, the layers, the girlie tulle, the amazing shoes, the maxi dresses…oh what to choose first. Ruby Rouge is open tomorrow (Good Friday).
Style Fish x
Feature written by Carissa Casey
Style Fish Featured in their ‘Talk the Talk’ Feature!
Marfield together with Ruby Rouge present a girlie night with Ireland’s answer to Gok Wan, Brendan Courtney!
TOP TIPS ON WHAT TO WEAR THIS SEASON AS WELL AS MAKEUP AND HAIR DEMONSTRATIONS.
WITH SPECIAL GUESTS, MAKE UP ARTIST AND HAIR GURU NOEL SUTTON AND ALL THE GIRLS OF RUBY ROUGE!!
ENJOY A GREAT EVENING OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT INCLUDING COCKTAILS, BUBBLY & YUMMY FOOD
Price €40.00, early booking is advised ! Contact Marlfield House or Ruby Rouge to reserve your place.
A VERY SPECIAL RATE OF €75 PER PERSON SHARING Bed & Breakfast is also available at Marlfield house should you wish to make a night of it!
On a wet a windy Thursday afternoon I hope some of you got to see Style Fish featured on The Afternoon Show!
Style Fish & Arnotts organised a Networking Event for businesses in the Fashion & Beauty world on Friday the 23rd of Oct in Palmerstown House, Kildare (www.stylenetwork.ie) and The Afternoon Show had cameras rolling all morning as they were in the process of mentoring the lovely Emer Farrell back into the workplace to get involved in PR! Style Network was the choosen event and we were delighted to have Emer there on the day to help out! We were delighted that Style Fish got showcased as part of this great feature! Check out the show online on RTE PLAYER on the following link;
The Fashion Trends to embrace this season
With new fashion arrivals already whetting our appetite in the shops, now’s the time to brush up on Autumn Winter’s hottest fashion trends. Autumn is definitely the season women most love to shop with many of us having had somewhat of a fashion lull for the last two months! Get ready to be inspired…
Fur in all it’s glory
Expect to see lots of bold, coloured fur, fur sleeves and collars. The fur coat might just be your statement buy this Winter. Our very own Simona Rocha even showed fur covered shoes at London Fashion week. Designers who have been embracing fur include Preen, Stella McCartney (who showed fur coats thick enough for arctic conditions) and Lanvin.
Soft as Velvet
Softly, softly, say Giorgio Armani, Alexander Wang and Christopher Kane. In suits, flares, dresses and capes, rich coloured velvet popped up at the shows in every city introducing a softness and femininity to fashion week – just in time for cocktail hour!
Oversized tailoring & great suits
Tailorings new proportions are mostly going to be oversized and asymmetric. But fret not because actually I think the high street will embrace the suit in all it’s glory. It is going to become a wardrobe stable (and not just for the office) this season. Stella McCartney showed some great blazers alongside Victoria Beckham’s tailored drop waist trousers. Look for modern, simple details in the suit you choose. Oh and expect to see big buttons. Very big buttons.
Unusual, asymmetric and flouncy hemlines are where it’s at this season. Your skirt wants to be the centre of attention. Expect lady like details, tailored dresses with flouncy ends and extra layers of fabric. Why wear just a pencil skirt when you can have a personality skirt! This look was featured in the collections on Mary Katrantzou, Louis Vuitton and Christopher Kane.
High Waisted Trousers
The waist height is climbing up to the belly button and will feature some seriously slinky slimline legs. Not for everyone, this look altogether will be a tricky one to pull off without a rectangular figure to match but I am all for high waists. Perhaps opt for a slightly wider leg to balance out proportions. The longer your waist the higher your waist should go! Look to the collections of Isabel Marant, Jason Wu, Zimmerman, Topshop Unique and Givenchy for inspiration.
Tights played a major part in Autumn Winter 2015 runways. But not just any tights. Tights that want to be seen. At Saint Laurent ripped tights were seen under barely there dresses for the party girl. Fishnets featured at the Sophie Theallet show. Personally, I am not a fan (too many lines for the eye to scan!) but the runways did quite a lot to convince me and I did see some great looks that almost swayed me, but not quite.
I remember owning one in the 90’s but they are back this season and we are going right back to the 1920’s for inspiration. High collars with ruffles and lace made an appearance but bright collars, leather details and clean lines made this fashion trend modern in it’s execution. Valentino was one of my favourites showing this trend.
Embellishment & Glitter
We all like a little sparkle coming into Autumn so you will be glad to know sequins and glitter are back! After too many seasons of pared back plainness, designers are opting for some fun. At Proenza Schouler one dress alone had 300,000 sequins. Yes, that’s right. Yet designer like Sonia Rykiel made sequins work for day by pairing her pewter sequinned pinafore with a polo neck. Sequins should be embraced for day and for night!
Brocade combined with some extraordinary patchwork creations means more is more this Autumn Winter. Erdem set the tone in London by setting his show up in a sumptuously decorated Parisian inspired apartment with exotic and decadent fabrics while a modern approach was taken by designer Marques Almeida by styling raw-edged jewel-hued brocades in the same effortless way as their signature denim.
There are some fashion trends that are just such a lovely way of simply getting to update what you already have! Layering is one of those trends. The AW catwalks were full of styling inspiration. Ever thought of teaming your summer string top with a crisp white shirt? Time to start! Stella McCartney showed us that it can work a treat. Inspiration also came from Hermes, Philip Lim and DKNY.
Kenzo put out weather-appropriate waterproof poncho capes in navy blue and green, whilst Vivienne Westwood Gold Label opted for a more dramatic approach (characteristically) with their unisex embroidered capes with distorted silhouettes. Giles Deacon went down the gothic route with a black silk cape dress with bow-pocket detail, whilst Orla Kiely opted for Parisian chic with their shoulder-enhanced, layered cape in baby pink. Bottom line. Capes are big news!
Expect to want to show a little more flesh this season in a subtle, feminine way. Whether you embrace the lace panelling we will see a lot of, sheer lined blouses and skirts (inspired by Nina Ricci and Chanel) or the more daring ‘slash’ detail in dresses (Sass and Bide), skin is definitely in!
70’s & 80’s
Continuing with the more is more, fun fashion from the 70’s and 80’s have been well and truly captured in this seasons biggest fashion trends. Flares, boho chic, little house on the prairie dresses, corduroy dungarees, fringing and definitely skinny scarves. The 80’s too will be seen on the high street with neon colours, bright furs, shimmery fabrics and graphic motifs and prints. Take inspiration from Burberry, Jonathan Saunders and Anna Sui.
Tempering the rather wild 70’s and 80’s black is back with a gothic twist. Most notable was Sarah Burton’s brand of ‘Victoriana’ for Alexander McQueen. It started at New York fashion week when Alexander Wang embraced head to toe black and it seemed to feature heavily through many other collections including Givenchy, Comme Des Garcons, Giles and Rick Owen. (Also, note the many midi hemlines).
It is one of the best styles for all body shapes, the wrap is back and will feature in beautiful coats and dresses. This is the fashion trend that will add immediate comfort to your Autumn look. Hermes call it ‘the robe effect’.
Happy shopping & styling!
Lorna Claire Weightman Shares Her Fashion Story
Recently, I was delighted to welcome fashion blogger, stylist and presenter Lorna Claire Weightman to chat my personal styling students about her journey into the fashion industry. Lorna worked as a chartered accountant before giving it all up 4 years ago to follow her dream to work in fashion. Lorna started her fashion blog (www.styleisle.ie) and from there started work as a freelance stylist, fashion writer and is now a regular stylist on TV3’s Xpose. Lorna’s positive attitute and passion for the fashion industry oozes out of her and students were delighted to hear an inspiring story from a girl just like them who is now making money doing something she loves!
Images courtesy of Lorna’s ‘My Style’ pages on her blog.
Here are some of the tips Lorna was kind enough to share from her own journey and learning.
1. Be clear about what it is you want and go for it! Lorna explained to students how fashion styling and personal styling are so different. Working with real women versus working as a fashion stylist for a magazine means you get to explore two very different fashion concepts. Being a fashion blogger can then give you an instant platform to showcase yourself! Explore all your options, experience both and find the one that you are passionate about.
2. Work hard! Lorna worked part time while working on her blog. To become a great fashion blogger you have to commit yourself and your time too it. Lorna told us stories of sitting at her kitchen table at 11pm at night after coming in from a long day at work, just to get posts created for the next day.
3. Network! The fashion industry is small. It is important to get out, go to events and meet industry peers who can open up doors for you. Networking can feel daunting at first but when your doing it surrounded by people who inspire you and you get to see amazing fashion, the fear quickly goes away! Also, going to the many fashion press events is exciting!
4. Be Flexible. In fashion so much learning comes from doing and often one job leads to another. If an opportunity comes up to help out at something, it might not be exactly what you want to do but it can lead to more experience, contacts and confidence.
5. Remain true to yourself. Lorna explained how life has changed since she has become a regular on Xpose. People know you more and can sometimes say hurtful things. If you go on tv you have got to develop a thick skin and also remain true to your own style and the things you like. Working in fashion is not all glamour and dressing up but equally you do have to look put together when you go on tv! It takes a certain confidence to work in fashion and embrace all the things about yourself that make you different. But that is the essence of true style!
We couldn’t agree more Lorna!