Shop Like a Personal Stylist!
What better way to spend a Wednesday morning than in the beautiful surroundings of the Kildare Village Personal Shopping lounge, looking at beautiful clothes and sharing my personal stylist top tips!
Working as a personal stylist and now training personal stylists means I get to learn a lot, see a lot and practice a lot! I was really delighted to share some of my tips with a packed class in Kildare Village yesterday. Hopefully I succeeded in inspiring some fresh shopping habits, sharing some insights into what it’s like to work as a personal stylist and I think we also had some very happy ladies browsing through the many beautiful shops and brands in Kildare Village with their exclusive VIP discount card. Below I have listed my top 5 items shared and chatted about in yesterday’s class and the elements that I know I use that really make a difference when training my community of personal stylists. You can read more about my personal stylist training courses here.
There are three types of ladies in the world. Those tho are stylists, those who have a stylist and those who shop like a stylist!
1. A personal stylist knows to identify her clients waist length! If you have a short waist, you want to lengthen your waist by choosing slightly longer tops with less fuss and always go for a narrower belt! If you have a long waist, you have more room to play with when shopping. Try out high waisted skirts and trousers and dresses with wider waist bands.
2. A personal stylist will always think in terms of ‘looks’ rather than items. It is usually best to start creating an outfit around one really good core basic (this season a denim skirt would be a great versatile core piece for your wardrobe), that will allow you to create lots of looks. versatile pieces are the key to a personal stylists wardrobe!
3. Once you have great core pieces in your wardrobe, a personal stylist will have (and will show you how to) invest in what I call ‘hero’ pieces. Those items that really stand out in the shop. The ones you try on and fall in love with. They are unique and special. It doesn’t happen very often that you come across them, but when you do, buy them!
4. A personal stylist knows her lines! Be honest with yourself about those parts of your body you don’t like. Identify a max of two areas. These are your ‘lines’, the parts of your shape you don’t want your outfits to draw attention to or you don’t want to create lines around. Lines are created where a hem ends, with a design, print, stitching etc. Always hold up the item and ask yourself ‘will this item create a line around my…..tummy’? If you think it will, don’t buy it!
5. A personal stylist is not afraid to take a risk! Go into the shop you have not considered before. Bring in an item into the fitting room that scares you and push yourself to go outside your comfort zone. Enjoy fashion, lose the fear and never buy anything that you will not enjoy wearing!
Sign up below to receive my newsletter to hear about all more classes just like this one and to keep up to date with all Stylefish news & training updates!