With the sunshine rearing its head a little more of late, we are all looking forward to taking in a spot of tennis from Wimbledon at the end of June! Centre court is known for attracting some of fashion’s biggest names including the queen of fashion herself Anna Wintour (editor of Vogue) and of course the lovely Kate Middleton so what better time to look at some tennis inspired fashion from the high street. It is awash with crisp classics and fun options perfect for some strawberries and cream on the lawn (even if it is in your back garden). To perfect the look work around these simple rules:
- Jeans, flip-flops and short skirts are a big no-no.
- Ladies should be ladies so dresses (to the knee) are ideal. Opt for a brighter colour like this gorgeous yellow paisley print creation from Jaeger or go for a Kate Middleton inspired classic like this white and navy wrap style dress.
- Think sensible shoes. These cute brogues from Hobbs would be perfect!
- Sunglasses and a hat are a must, as just like exam time, Wimbledon can get hot!
- You want to get the mix right between style and comfort. It’s not like a day at the races where glam is key. Wimbledon strikes a balance between a round of golf and a lunch with the girls!
The best of the high street for me include Whistles, Hobbs, Jaeger and French Connection. My top tip is go for one classic (and more expensive piece) and mix it up with some accessories like your sunglasses, hats etc from shops like Penney’s’, Accessorize and H&M. Sorted for your game set and match look!