Spring fashion advertising campaigns and fashion news everywhere is full of colour, vibrancy and exciting prints. Whether you are looking at the adorable ad campaign of intertwined fashion generations by Kate Spade or the gorgeous functional floral glamour from Mulberry, the visuals and style is very exciting! It is therefore time for that all important wardrobe and style update! Cue a list of my favourite places to shop the new season both on the high street and online.
1. River Island who are getting it oh so right the last few seasons. Yes, you have to walk into River Island like you own it. It is a confident shoppers paradise for fashion updates. Get over your fear and check out the beautiful embroidered jackets, great denim and classic wardrobe staples.
2. Pied a Terre & Biba in House of Fraser. Part of House of Fraser’s own collections, you won’t find anywhere else on the high street. Biba is known for being quite expensive but give it another shot this season. It seems to have brought down it’s prices. I bought a beautiful wine leather skirt for €77 from their new season collection recently, which I think would have been double the price last season. Check out Pied a Terre for some great work wear pieces, colour block trousers and spring jackets.
3. Covetique.com is an online designer emporium without the top end price tag. Better still it was started by an Irish girl, Nicola McLafferty with a dream to give women a way to both buy and sell designer pieces for their wardrobe. For that special style and fashion update, I love this site.
4. An eternal favourite of mine, COS has done it again this season with superb basics, classic shirts and shirt dresses, pops of colour and unusual asthetics and shapes. Pop into their new shop just off Grafton Street for the best selection. Also stocked in BT2 on Grafton Street and in Dundrum Town Centre.
5. Chicwish.com. I first came across this site on Instagram and instantly fell in love with their skirts. After posting a piccy of a skirt I bought on facebook it seems lots of women followed suit! Their price point is ridiculously inexpensive for the quality. They have a great returns policy and I love their inspirational outfit posts on Instagram!
6. Self Portrait in BT2 for beautiful lace dresses, skirts and blouses in fuschia, navy andwhite. Not all for the office but definitely for a special Spring occasion. Worn by the likes of Jennifer Anniston and Reese Witherspoon.
7. Warehouse with some great options for layering while Spring is still arriving. Look out for their lovely quilted sleeveless ¾ length jacket, capes and jumpers. Great price points too.
8. Because everyone, no matter what their age needs some Topshop in their wardrobe for Spring. Bang on trend, oodles of choice and the accessories and shoes alone are worth the trip.
9. Finally, in the fashion news this week Finerylondon.com, a new online site has just launched in the UK. Founded by a powerhouse professionals from the likes of Topshop and ASOS, they have come together to offer modern and sophisticated clothes with an emphasis on quality and affordability. I was disappointed to learn they don’t yet ship to Ireland but it is only a matter of time. I am a big fan of this site.