Teaching classes over the weekend at the Woman’s World Show I decided to play a little game. I had one summer dress (from Wallis) and we created 3 ways to wear it! How? With different accessories of course! We created a wedding look, a summer daytime look and casual barbeque party look all with the same dress. That is what we want from our clothes, more versatility and less guilt over not getting enough wear from them! Accessories ladies are you best friend when it comes to achieving this! They individualise your look and you know what? You don’t have to lose 5 pounds to wear them! They are also the part of your wardrobe you can really have fun with because they don’t have to cost the earth! So don’t take your accessories too seriously this summer and really go for it! I have chosen some of my must have accessories to complete your summer holiday wardrobe!
1. A straw hat. Great teamed with a maxi dress for a cool boho look. I have chosen one from Littlewoodsireland.com for €27 or go for this fun fedora hat from Marks and Spencer’s.
2. Colourful sunglasses. Summer is definitely a time to brighten up your look. Fun, colourful sunglasses are a cheap and cheerful way to do it! Penney’s is great for sunglasses for summer. These are only €4.
3. Statement wooden bangle set. These ethnic inspired bangles from Littlewoodsireland.com are a simple (and not so scary) way to bring in the contrasting print look that is big new this summer.
4. Woven bag. Out with your shiny patent parisian chic hold all and go for a natural fibre, colourful summer bag like this one from Debenhams.
5. A statement necklace. So important is this item I wrote a whole column about it recently for Woman’s Way! Team with any summer top or tee shirt for instant glam. Check out this gorgeous piece from Accessorize.