With the Great Gatsby movie being released this month I thought what better excuse do we need to channel some classic 1920’s fashion over the coming weeks! With talk of everything from the music to the glitz all around us in the media, none have excited as much as the costumes and the fashion! The 20’s was truly an age of opulence and elegance filled with lace gloves, flapper styles, drop waist dresses, pearls, feathers and sparkly numbers! What girl can resist the temptation? It also got me thinking about channelling this look in a modern and fresh way for our everyday wardrobes and so I have done some digging just for you this week with my top tips and looks!
- Wear Springtime white. White is very on trend this season. Keep your look fresh, crisp and simple and match with some ultra modern accessories.
- The drop-waist on this Boutique Jaeger dress is totally time-period appropriate, while the jersey fabric make the look absolutely of the moment.
- Prints were an important part of the period. Geometric prints, to be precise. To make it work, go for a dress and keep your accessories simple.
- Art Deco is an important visual reference. Work its architectural charm into your everyday look with items like this gorgeous necklace from Zara.
- Think elegant and yet blingy accessories! This is the one I would really have fun with especially as a way to dress up a simple black dress. If you want to blow the budget check out an amazing collection in Brown Thomas. One designer I love is Erikson Beamon.
- The shift dress was one of the most popular silhouettes of the period. I loved this gorgeous cream border anglaise style dress from East. Plus, it will make the perfect beach cover-up in the upcoming months.