The Fashion World This Week
My top five fashion stories from the fashion world this week goes something like this!
5. Alex Monroe has launched their new ‘BEYOND THE SEA‘ collection. One of my favourite all time jewellery designers, every girls jewellery box needs a piece of Alex Monroe and what a beautiful collection for Summer. Click for Irish Stockists.
4. Lulu Kennedy launches Indigo Collection for M&S. This is the lady who is the founder of Fashion East, a non profit initiative to help and nurture young designers through the early stages of their career (successes include Irish designer JW Anderson) has launched her debut collection for the high street giant Marks & Spencers. She describes the collection as ‘easy pieces that can go in your wardrobe’ but aimed at holiers! Click here for the all important Vogue take on the collection & Images!
3. With racing season started I was delighted to read Arnotts have added 4 Irish Milliners to their wares this week including Aoife Kirwan, Amanda Byrne, Mark T Burke & Jennifer Wynne as part of their ‘Love Irish Initative’ at the moment. Supporting Irish is very close to my own heart and getting a small design business of the ground is not easy so thank you Arnotts and if you are looking to sport a beautiful fascinator to an event this you know where to look!
2. 10 Things you should know about Dior’s Resort Collection. With all eyes on Creative Director Raf Simons, this collection is hailed ‘as the one where the public is finally understanding his greatness’. He took the prestigious role with Dior in 2012 and although he was revered and known of by fashion world insiders with links to youth culture & underground music, the public reserved judgement. This piece ’10 things you should know about Dior’s Resport Collection’ on Style.com fascinated me giving insights into the collection unveiled at Cannes this week through the eyes of the fashion set on Instagram. It also showed just how much a part of the whole fashion experience we can all be by the power of social media.
1. My obsession this week is growing from Amal Alamuddin and her amazing style. Yes, I think she could do with eating a few sandwiches but that aside, I think her personal style is amazing and finally the fashion world has a a true fashion force in the limelight who is about more than instagram posing and selfies. I cannot get enough of her fashion choices and I for one am hugely inspired when working with clients and training stylists to always, always go in search of the unique and the individual and the items that look like they belong on you. That’s what Amal does with such grace and with my current obsession with orange check out Amal rocking orange over the last few days. Uhh and Ahh here at all her looks in the last few weeks.